Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 90 minutes
Total time: 110 minutes
- 700g. lamb meat
- 20 g. ideally sheep tail fat, pork fat if nothing else available
- 300 g. onions
- 600g. carrots
- 600 g. rice
- barberry, cumin
- olive oil
- a pomegranate
- Cut the meat into large pieces, the fat in cubes. Cut the peeled onions in half circles, and the carrots in long thin strips.
- Boil the rice in water with a tablespoon of salt.
- In a pan, stir-fry the diced fat until it gets crispy, remove and fry the onion, then add the meat and fry until it is fully cooked.
- In a saucepan, evenly distribute the carrots, cover with water completely, add cumin and barberry and bring it to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Spread the rice on the carrots, add boiling water, and cook over high heat until the water is completely evaporated. Then lower the heat and cook for another 15 minutes.
Serve the meat over the rice and carrots, spread pomegranate seeds for an exotic aroma and a refreshing flavor.
This post is also available in: Italian